SORRY, WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO NEW ADULT PATIENTS.
4275 Northeast Halsey Street, Portland, Oregon 97213, United States
10:00 am – 07:00 pm
The clinic is open by appointment only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Telehealth visits are available outside of clinic hours with approval (just contact us). Same-day visits can be scheduled when available. No walk-ins, please.
Dr. Bair answers our phone, but can't pick up during patient visits. Whenever possible, please schedule online. You can also send messages via text (non-medical), voicemail, or the button below. We do our best to respond within 48hrs.
In case of a life-threatening emergency call 9-1-1 right away. For other very urgent or emergent medical needs, please go to a local Urgent Care or Emergency Department.
For less-urgent and non-urgent concerns, please text (no medical information, please), leave us a voicemail, or send a message using our patient portal or the button above. If the matter is time-sensitive (at the pharmacy, deciding whether or not to go to the ER, etc), and you haven't heard back from the doctor within 20 minutes of trying one of the above messaging options, call the clinic number, then use the pager number noted at the end of our voicemail greeting message.
For prescription or lab questions/concerns, please see the following sections before contacting us.
- Refill requests should be submitted to the pharmacy at least 3 business days before running out of medication.
- Call the phone number on your medication bottle to request a refill, even if the label says there are 0 refills available. The pharmacy will send an electronic request directly to our doctor.
- If there are requirements that must be met before your prescription can be refilled, such as a follow-up visit or monitoring lab test, we will be in touch within 24-48 hours of your request.
- Please do not contact the doctor outside of business hours for routine medication orders unless it is regarding something urgent like antibiotics, inhalers, certain psych meds, etc..
- EXCEPTION: If you typically receive a 3-month supply of a controlled substance from the doctor (like ADHD meds), a clinic or telehealth visit will be required every 3 months. Please schedule this visit to occur BEFORE you run out of medication. These medication orders will be placed as 3 separate electronic prescriptions, which means your bottle will always show 0 refills, and you cannot request your next refill without speaking with pharmacy staff directly and asking to fill the prescription you have "on-file" with them. Each time you request your next refill from the pharmacy, ask the staff how many prescriptions you have left "on-file". When you fill the last one, please go ahead and schedule your follow-up appointment.
If you have any questions about a medication, or are having difficulty obtaining or affording your prescriptions, PLEASE LET US KNOW! You can contact the doctor via text, phone, our patient portal, or by clicking the message button above.
Medications can be expensive, and every pharmacy charges a different price. Here are a few ways to pay less for your prescriptions, and you can use them whether or not you have insurance. (Pro Tip: Most discount programs also cover pet meds.)
Order hospital-quality lab tests online at VERY discounted prices via Health Testing Centers, without seeing a doctor first.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Click the link to our member page at Health Testing Centers, or paste the following URL into your browser's search bar https://www.healthtestingcenters.com/affs/bairbonesosteopathy.html .
2. Select the desired tests and add them to your shopping cart. Options range from routine blood work, to multi-step hormone tests and in-home screening kits for sexually transmitted infections. Unsure what tests to get? Bair Bones is happy to help! Drop us a line or give us a call via the information above.
3. Pay for your tests online via credit card or PayPal®. A portion of the money will go toward supporting our non-profit clinic! Please note that Health Testing Centers does not process health insurance.
4. If you order an in-home kit it will be delivered to you in about a week. For all other tests, you will be emailed a lab requisition form that can be printed and taken to any LabCorp or Quest Diagnostics lab. The lab will take it from there! You won't need to pay anything at the lab, or give them any insurance information.
5. You will receive an email once your results are ready. Then simply sign in to the website to view and download them.
6. Schedule a follow-up appointment at Bair Bones! We'll discuss your results and plan any next steps.
UNSURE IF THIS OPTION IS BEST FOR YOU?
THIS IS A GREAT OPTION FOR PEOPLE WHO:
- already know which labs are needed (or have called Bair Bones to figure this out).
- don't need their test results immediately (most results will come back in a day or two, though some can take longer).
- can pay the full price online without using health insurance.
- want to save money! Even with insurance, often labs are not fully covered. These online prices are well below standard, with especially fantastic deals on certain panels and kits.
SCHEDULE A BAIR BONES APPOINTMENT INSTEAD IF:
- you are having concerning or progressive symptoms (for possible life-threatening emergencies call 9-1-1).
- your medical situation is complicated. For medically complex patients, or those without a clear diagnosis, often a visit is needed to determine the appropriate labs and best course of action.
- you want to use your health insurance to pay for lab tests, or find it more convenient to receive a bill that can be paid at a later date.
- you want your test results immediately. Bair Bones offers many budget-friendly lab tests that can be performed right in clinic during your appointment. Please see our available lab tests and prices here.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Contact us and we'd be happy to answer them.